Travel to and stay in Sweden

Border control

The police is required to control everyone crossing over an external border, meaning to and from countries which are not part of the Schengen area. Border controls at external borders are mandatory.

To border control

More information about facial recognition in airport

Terms for staying in Sweden

Persons who are not citizens of Sweden or an EU/EEA country are required to obtain a permit to live in Sweden.

To terms for staying in Sweden

Travelling with children

The rules concerning what is required for children travelling without a parent/guardian, or with only one parent/guardian, may vary from country to country. 

To travelling with children