Border control

Swedish police is required to control everyone entering or leaving Sweden to and from countries which are not part of the Schengen area. Border controls at external borders are mandatory regardless of citizenship.

Entry and exit regulations differ depending on your citizenship, which country you travel to or from, your purpose and your length of stay.

Information about entry to Sweden for EU/EEA citizens
Information about entry to Sweden for third country nationals
Travelling with children

Att resa till och från Sverige (in Swedish)

Control of goods 

Swedish Police is responsible for controlling persons crossing a Swedish border. Swedish Customs is responsible for controlling goods being imported or exported across a Swedish border, and their controls are done independently from border controls by Swedish Police. 
Swedish Customs can answer questions about their controls