Extract for employment with children in non-school/childcare activities

Those offered a job, assignment or training and working with children in a non-school capacity must present an extract from the criminal record. Such work may be volunteer positions.

Record extract e-service

To use the e-service, you need an e-mail address that you are willing to provide.

Do not use the e-service if you have a protected identity. Instead, use a form.

Record extract e-service

Digital extract

Now you can get your police record extract sent to your Swedish digital mailbox (Kivra, Billo or Min myndighetspost). If you have any convictions registered the extract will be sent to your registered address instead.


If you are unable to use the e-service, please use one of the forms.

Processing time

Processing requests may require up to two weeks from the date we receive a completed application to sending the extract. Processing times may vary with demand.

1. Complete the form

Other work and contact with children. Request police record extracts, in Swedish (pdf, 1 MB)(to be completed digitally and printed)
Other work and contact with children. Request extract, in Swedish (pdf, 149 kB)(to be printed and completed by hand))

Note the following:

  • Send a copy of your passport or ID card.
  • You may only request a record extract concerning yourself. A power of attorney for another person is not valid.

Complete the application form clearly and sign it

Please note that forms completed digitally must nevertheless be printed out and signed with pen. We do not accept digital signatures.

Keep in mind that a complete application, properly signed by hand, with pen, will help you receive an extract more quickly.

2. Send in the form

Scan or take a photo of the signed form and send it by e-mail or post to the police. Forms sent by e-mail will receive an auto-reply confirming receipt by the police of your e-mail.

E-mail: registerutdrag@polisen.se

Polismyndigheten/The Swedish Police Authority
Box 757
SE-981 27 Kiruna

3. Receive a record extract

You will receive a record extract from us by post. The extract will be sent to the address provided in the application. The police may not send extracts directly to an employer.

Standard processing time can be up to two weeks from the receipt of the completed application to the sending of the extract. Processing times may vary with demand.

We cannot prioritise or accelerate any particular request.

EU citizens

When citizens of another EU country or the United Kingdom apply for an extract from the register, the request is automatically forwarded to the country in question in accordance with Article 22c. "If an individual requesting information about himself or herself in the criminal records register under Section 9 of the Criminal Records Act (1998:620) is a citizen of another Member State of the European Union, the Police Authority shall also obtain information about him or her from the criminal records of that State." Regulation (1999:1134) in Swedish on the Riksdagen website.

That country has 4 to 21 working days (not counting the respective country's public holidays) to respond to the request, which can result in a process that takes several weeks. We have no influence on the country's processing time, but you can facilitate the process yourself and thus obtain the extract more quickly by providing all information requested on the form.

The following applies for the extract

Those offered a job, assignment or training with direct or regular contact with children must present a record extract upon request of the employer/client. For example:

  • Sports clubs or children's activities leaders
  • Church activities
  • Work placement organised by the job centre

The organisation offering the position or assignment has the right to request an extract from the criminal record. 

  • The extract is valid for 1 year.
  • You can retain the original.
  • The employer or client may make a note that you have shown the extract.
  • You may show the extract to more than one employer.

A check of the criminal record is designed to strengthen the protection of children and adolescents against sexual offences and other serious criminal offences. However, this is only part of the basis for assessing whether a person is suitable for work with children. The fact that a person has been convicted of a crime does not mean that he or she cannot be employed. A child is any person under the age of 18.

Law (2013:852) regarding record checks of persons working with children, Riksdag of Sweden (Swedish)

This is shown in the police record extract

An extract from the criminal record shows information regarding convictions for:

  • Murder
  • Manslaughter
  • Aggravated assault
  • Kidnapping
  • All sexual offences
  • Child pornography offences
  • Aggravated robbery

If the conviction also encompasses any other offence, details of that offence will also be included in the extract.