Registry extract for employment working with insurance distribution
You are required to present an extract from the criminal records registry when, for example, you have been offered employment at an insurance company or are to work as an insurance broker at a bank.
Employment working with insurance distribution may include:
- to advise on or propose insurance contracts
- to carry out other preparatory work before the entry into an insurance contract
- to enter into an insurance contract on behalf of someone else
- to assist in the management or performance of an insurance contract.
To request a police record extract:
1. Fill in the form
Insurance distribution, extract from the criminal records registry in Swedish (Form to fill in digitally and then print out)
Insurance distribution, extract from the criminal records registry in Swedish (Form to print out and then fill in by hand)
- It is only possible to request a police record extract about yourself. Power of attorney for another person does not apply.
- If you do not have a Swedish personal ID number (or a coordination number), you will need to state your date of birth (year, month and day) and your full name (all given names and surnames) on the application.
Fill in the application clearly and sign it personally
Keep in mind that a properly prepared and completely filled in application that is personally signed with a pen facilitates that you will obtain a police record extract faster.
2. Send in the form
Scan or photograph the signed form and then send the form by e-mail or post to the police.
Polismyndigheten/The Swedish Police Authority
SE-981 27 Kiruna
3. You will receive a criminal records registry extract
You will receive a criminal records registry extract from us by post. The extract will be sent to the address you have specified on the application. The police are not permitted to send extracts directly to an employer.
The processing time is up to two weeks from the time we have received the application until the time we send the extract. The processing time may vary, depending on how many people request extracts at a given time. We cannot prioritize a certain application.
The following applies for the extract
The criminal records extract will show if you have an entry of a criminal record or not. However, it does not state what kind of criminal offence you have been convicted of. If a note is more than five years old, it will not be shown in the extract.
- The extract is valid for 3 months
- You should retain the original yourself
- The employer is only permitted to make a note that you have shown the extract.
Citizen of another EU country
If you are a citizen of another country in the European Union, the police retrieve information from that country.
This is shown in the criminal records registry
Excerpts for insurance distribution show remarks about serious property crimes or serious financial crimes. Aid for such crime is also included. The penalty (punishment) for the crimes shown in the extract is the minimum imprisonment.
- Theft, robbery and other offences
- Fraud offences
- Embezzlement and taking a bribe offence
- Crime against creditors
- Criminal mischief, crimes inflicting damage to property
- Forgery, counterfeiting offence
- Perjury, false prosecution, false accusation and other false statements.
- Tax offences
- Violation of the Swedish Prohibition against the Supply of Legal or Financial Services in certain cases Act
- Violation of the Swedish Securities Market (Market Abuse Penalties) Act.